HERE'S SOME HELPFUL ADVICE FOR YOU TO KNOW NOW:
- LISTEN TO HER: There are now three lives involved and you need to think about all of them.
- STAY CALM FOR HER: She is the mother of your baby and they both need your support now. You are BOTH parents now and your baby needs both of you.
- TALK WITH HER ABOUT IT: And be prepared to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Other people can usually be helpful and can help you reduce the stress. Don't hide it.
- KNOW THE FACTS: Get all the information you need to make the best decision for all three of you.
- EXPRESS YOURSELF HONESTLY: It's normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear, but make sure she knows she is not alone.
- REMEMBER: Your role as a father is an important one. Be a part of the mother, father, baby team. Your input is just as important as everyone else's.